Ann M. Wilson, MS, CFLE
My knowledge of the law combined with my Family Life Educator certification and extensive mediation training make me uniquely qualified to conduct family matter mediations, including divorce and child custody/visitation issues.
I am on the Family Services Program Mediation Panel for court-ordered mediations involving child custody and guardianships in the Second Judicial District Court in Washoe County, Nevada, as well as on the court-approved roster of mediators for court-ordered child custody matters in the Ninth Judicial District Court in Douglas County, Nevada. In addition to child custody and divorce cases, I am on the panel of mediators for the Statewide Juvenile Dependency Mediation Program. Juvenile Dependency matters involve cases where children have been removed from the care of their parents due to allegations of abuse or neglect. Lastly, I am on the panel of mediators for the Statewide Eviction Mediation Program.
As a mediator, I have conducted over 900 mediations and have attained the Certified Advanced Practitioner status from the Academy of Professional Family Mediators.
In addition to mediating, I am a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) in Washoe County. As a CASA, I am appointed by the Court to act as an advocate for children in foster care.
I am on the board of directors of the Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition and the Neighborhood Mediation Center, and am a former Co-Chair of the Family section of the Association for Conflict Resolution.
1. Standards of Practice
3. Code of Ethics
- University of Nevada Reno – 08-2013 through 05-2015
Master of Science – Human Development and Family Studies with specialization in Addiction Treatment and Prevention Services. GPA: 4.0.
Professional Paper: Mediation Meets Family Life Education: A Perfect Marriage to Aid Divorce.
- University of Nevada Reno – 08-2010 through 05-2013
Bachelor of Arts – Psychology, minors in Human Development and Family Studies and Addiction Treatment Services. In cursu honorum and Summa cum laude. Cumulative GPA: 3.99.
Honors Thesis: Divorce: A Potential Gateway to Positive Child Development.
- Truckee Meadows Community College – 01-2008 through 05-2010
Associate of Arts (with Distinction). GPA: 4.0
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas – 1997
Paralegal Certificate Program
- UNLV – William S. Boyd School of Law – February 2021
Mediation Ethics in a Virtual World: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Center for Mediation and Training – January/February 2021
Basic Training in Divorce Mediation
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – December 2020
Advanced Issues for Family Law and Dispute Resolution Professionals
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – November/December 2020
Fundamentals of Parenting Coordination
- State Bar of Nevada – November 2020
Eviction Mediation Training – (Voluntary) The Renter Connect Demo & Mediator Steps
- State Bar of Nevada – October 2020
Eviction Mediation Training Part 1: Mediator Skills and Responsibilities
Eviction Mediation Training Part 2: Eviction Law and Procedure
Eviction Mediation Training Part 3: Rules and Resources
- State Bar of Nevada – Fee Dispute Arbitration Program – October 2020
How to Conduct a Successful Arbitration and Mediation
- Mediation.com – Jim Melamed – October 2020
Family Mediation Online
- Nevada Statewide Juvenile Dependency Mediation Program – May 2020
Remote Mediation: Using Social Distancing Effectively
- National Judicial College – April 2020
Mediation in a Time of Social Distancing – A Mediator’s Response to COVID-19.
- Nevada Statewide Juvenile Dependency Mediation Program: Melissa Mangiaracina & Susan Blumefeld – May 2019
Trauma and Child Protection Mediation
- Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition: Doug Noll – February 2019
De-Escalate: How to Calm an Angry Person in 90 Seconds or less
- Washoe County CASA Foundation – August 2018
Human Trafficking and Foster Youth
- Statewide Juvenile Dependency Mediation Program: Karen Zarova & Melissa Mangiaracina – May 2018
Mediating Dependency Cases Involving Domestic Violence
- Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition: Lee Jay Berman – February 2018
Mediation Renovation: Retooling your Skills
- Washoe County CASA Foundation – August 2017
Substance Abuse – Trending Topics
- Second Judicial District Court – June 2017
Court Appointed Special Advocate Training
- Tenth Judicial District Court: Margaret Crowley – June 2016
Custody Mediation Certification Training
- Nevada Dispute Resolution Coalition: Elise Chambers and Anna Bergreen – May 2016
Brian Science and Mediation Skills
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, Saltman Center for Dispute Resolution: Kenneth Cloke – March 2016
Advanced Mediation Training
- Nevada Supreme Court – Court Improvement Program: Margaret Crowley – March 2016
Dependency Mediation Certification Training
- James C. Melamed, Esquire – November 2015
Mediating Divorce Agreement
- Association for Conflict Resolution – October 2015
Annual Conference Sessions
- University of Nevada Reno Extended Studies – April 2015
Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution.
- Carson Mediation Center – October 2014
Advanced Family & Child Custody Mediation.
- Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center – May 2012
Victim Assistance Training Online